lois 'at a glimpse'
meet me, lois, the creator of this website. here's a glimpse of the ever emerging, me.
* over the years i have had many challenges. i believe that God works all things together for our good. if he didn't i wouldn't be here right now.
* a native new yorker, living ‘down under’ since 2001. citizen of heaven. my home away from home.
* i married an aussie, my best friend. that is the shorter version of how i came to be living 'down under.'
* i am mom to four, the wife of the one.
* my second daughter was a stillbirth. she is now resting in heavenly peace. a part of me will always be there with her. for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. it was a hard time for us all.
* i love the ocean; the wild untamed, uncontrollable ocean. it has been my place of therapy for years. i swim there summer, fall, winter and spring.
* i have been gluten free since 1997. after having a complete system crash i discovered i was diagnosed with celiac at birth. the outcome instilled in me a great emphasis on healthy eating and lifestyle.
* i never feel great on any given day. many factors have taken a toll on me over the years but i am learning the ways to rebuild up my spirit, soul and body
* i am a teacher by trade. i wrote a children's book about our move from new york to sydney. i love kids. they inspire me, especially my own. they keep me young at heart.
* i journal every day for as long as i can remember. it is one way i experience God.
* i am an intercessor. i firmly believe our prayers move heaven and earth, especially for those whom the enemy took unfair advantage of as children. if they didn't, i wouldn't be here right now.
* i enjoy seeing new places, effective teamwork, partnering with God, swimming, reading, reflecting in my hammock, growing my joy center, popcorn movie nights, doing crafts with kids, writing without capitals and making new friends.