What do you do when you recognize yourself playing solitude, when life is going on around you but not for you?
What can you do now? How can you go back to the beginning so that you can enter the other offices as well?
Welcome to the office of personhood study group. We will be looking at ways of repairing personhood in this cd.
• It is your job to put yourself in the office of personhood
• It may not be your fault for not being in this office, but it is your responsibility to get back there
• If your sense of identity was crushed in favor of fitting in, you have to go back now and find out who you really are.
The Core Issue we wrestle with in order to go forward:
• Is it legal for you to be different and still be a part of that family or tribe?
• You cannot be in this office until you have permission to be you.
• Personhood goes before competence
The basic framework of every child is to feel the joy of enjoying his joy. God intended to put personhood before competence. We begin by exploring the process to know what you are feeling. We identify the feeling of pleasure when we are enjoying our joy. There is a proper sequence.
1. Exploration: going back through the firewalls and penetrating the barriers until you can say, ‘this is what I enjoy.’
2. Identifying, what brings you joy?
3. Legitimize it: come into agreement with God that it is right to enjoy that joy, even though there is no value except in the enjoyment of it.
4. Find a place to enjoy your joy.
What does it look like to be in the office of personhood?
This track explores that question using examples from Arthur’s life, the diversity of one’s persona. It shows you what it means to go through life’s experiences and to be able to say, ‘I like this...'’ (from real wood, to the underdog stories)
• God enjoys it when we enjoy our joy
• As you choose to identify with what you like, that is what makes you the well-rounded person you want to be.
• What you experience does not put you in this office, it is your willingness to come to terms with saying, ‘I like that’
When things are not going well, did you let pain overwhelm you or were you still able to say, ‘I like that’ either as a spectator or participant?
This enables us to enter deeply into the office of personhood. Few of these things have monetary value, even fewer give value to the culture. As we deliberately choose to find out what it is that you enjoy, the more solidly you can be established in this office and those that follow.
Do not shirk this step thinking it mundane, childish or too simple. If you do it will short change you in entering into further offices.
How do you get there?
Your personhood is a reality. You are a person but the office of personhood requires emotion, pleasure. The objective is to choose an activity where you can enjoy your joy without guilt.
'This might not be viable on today's budget, but I still like..'
To like something without having to justify doing it is a big deal. Permission granted for the sake of enjoying this is the whole process of legitimization.
Pleasure is a gift from God as the foundation of our personhood with no added value.
The process of legitimization forces the issue of God vs the culture because broadly speaking, what you like was placed there by God, preinstalled likes in our software which needn't benefit anyone. If God has the right to wire us in this way, does anyone have the right to sit in judgement on what God gave us?
For this exercise you need a face, a name an event or place of disapproval. Who sat in judgement in this area directly or indirectly? Was it their history projected onto me?
'This is what I like. These are the areas of enjoying my joy.' Whether I do them or not, permission is granted to enjoy that joy.
The office of personhood is abstract, functioning within the grid of your brain and your soul. You can choose to build new neuropathways in your brain to support the whole area of pleasure. (for more info listen to PTSD)
Let's look at 5 constructs for building joy in this way
What does it look like for you to be in the office of personhood? What bubbles up instantly in your life when you think about what you enjoy?
Share something from one of the seven resources.
To like something without having to justify doing it is a big deal. Sometimes you have to force the issue of God vs the culture. Take your time exploring this in your own life.
Share a celebration moment. Start a journal. Be intentional.
This is not a one off teaching that can be easily shelved. Practice daily. Come back to it with a good chunk of time monthly. Expand, grow and lead the way for others to follow.
when you post a new comment, you have a choice to set your SUBSCRIBE BOX to none, replies, or All new comments. set it to the latter to make sure you are alerted when others post.
we would love to hear your thoughts..
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
#5 celebrate in public
i did not know that my spirit resonated to the ocean and would find massive healing there until i moved to Australia! 'every day brings me one step …
I love Office of Personhood CD3 and all the resources it holds to develop enjoying our joy! Thanks Lois for taking notes and doing this study for all …