lois 'at a glimpse'
meet me, lois, the creator of this website. here's a glimpse of the ever emerging, me.
* over the years i have had many challenges. i believe that God works all things together for our good. if he didn't i wouldn't be here right now.
* a native new yorker, living ‘down under’ since 2001. citizen of heaven. my home away from home.
* i married an aussie, my best friend. that is the shorter version of how i came to be living 'down under.'
* i am mom to four, the wife of the one.
* my second daughter was a stillbirth. she is now resting in heavenly peace. a part of me will always be there with her. for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. it was a hard time for us all.
* i love the ocean; the wild untamed, uncontrollable ocean. it has been my place of therapy for years. i swim there summer, fall, winter and spring.
* i have been gluten free since 1997. after having a complete system crash I discovered i was diagnosed with celiac at birth. the outcome instilled in me a great emphasis on healthy eating and lifestyle.
* i never feel great on any given day. many factors have taken a toll on me over the years but i am learning the ways to rebuild up my spirit, soul and body
* i am a teacher by trade. i wrote a children's book about our move from new york to sydney. i love kids. they inspire me, especially my own. they keep me young at heart.
* i journal every day for as long as i can remember. it is one way i experience God.
* i am an intercessor. i firmly believe our prayers move heaven and earth, especially for those whom the enemy took unfair advantage of as children. if they didn't, i wouldn't be here right now.
* i enjoy swimming, reading, knitting, reflecting in my hammock, growing my joy center, popcorn movie nights, doing crafts with kids, writing without capitals and making new friends.